Sewing is for Babies


Not really....it's actually very difficult!

But, as with all crafts, sewing is definitely a labour of love.


Love is exactly the reason why I have been sewing most recently - love and babies!

My cousin and his lovely wife are expecting their first bundle of joy any day now and I feel that nothing marks the build up to such an exciting occasion than homemade and handpicked gifts from loved ones.

After making something very similar (though cow themed) for another cousin, I felt it was only right to whip up some special baby bunting.

The theme this time? Bunnies!


The process was quite simple. First, I chose fabric that would work for either a baby girl or a baby boy before cutting triangles out of these and a backing fabric.

Onto the front fabric triangles, I appliqued my bunny silhouettes using a simple running stitch. Rather sneakily, I heat bonded my rabbits to the triangles first to make this process much much easier!

The only thing left to do was to flip the triangles so that the right sides of the fabric are touching and sew along the two sides of the triangle that form the bottom point. Then, I turned them to the right way out and sewed them at intervals along a length of bias binding.

Bunting done in minutes!





No comments:

Post a Comment