Puffin Island Boat Cruise


I have had a fairly fantastic weekend of sunshine and friendship.

On Thursday night I went out with my godmother to see Cats at Venue Cymru. It was a truly wonderful show that was a complete sell out. I'd completely forgotten the magic of the show - the cats coming into the audience, the wonderful song and dance and (my favourite part) Mr Mistoffelee's light up jacket!

But the surprises weren't over!

Craig had invited one of our best friends from home to stay for the weekend without telling me!

As a result, we decided to go out and enjoy the weekend to the full...starting with a trip to the lovely town of Beaumaris



The weather was absolutely perfect - almost too perfect in-fact as I have ended up with a lovely sunburn (complete with necklace shaped hole) from enjoying the sun too much!

Anyway, enough about that!

After enjoying yummy ice creams from the Red Boat Cafe (Peanut Butter ice cream! My new favourite thing!) we decided to go on a boat ride to Puffin Island

The boat took us right out and around Seiriol Island, accompanied by a wonderfully informative talk from the Skipper, so that we had beautiful views of all of the local wildlife. Craig was in his element, pointing out all of the birds...it was like getting a special zoological tour all of our own! I took the opportunity to take plenty of wildlife photos.






We only saw a few lovely little puffins but those that we did see were worth it - I love how beautiful and happy their beaks are!



I just love their funny little feet!



We loved our cruise, whiling away the time watching as hundred upon hundred of sea birds fluttered around the rocks and the water. There were some lovely little seals as well, but I couldn't get a good shot of them!

We kept spotting people sitting on the island, which is odd considering that it is uninhabited! We soon found out that they were scientists from the university running surveys on the wildlife.

Craig managed to spot another sort of bird on the trip!


Aside from the wildlife, we got fantastic views of all sorts of interesting buildings from across the water.




 And we finished it all off with a lovely cream tea in a tea room around the corner. Yum!




No comments:

Post a Comment